2019.04.24.EMG.BCG.GOLF.NCAA-10.jpg

Freshman Yin Ho Yue hits the ball. Oregon Ducks men's golf plays in the Pac-12 Championships at Eugene Country Club in Eugene, Ore. on April 24, 2019. (Ben Green/Emerald)

Yin Ho Yue surged on the final day of the St. Mary’s Invitational, finishing the tournament in 22nd place at 1-under par. Oregon finished 11th overall. 

Yue did not have a stellar Tuesday, as he took 74 strokes. However, he tightened up his play on Wednesday, shooting a team-best 67. During one impressive stretch, Yue nailed three straight birdies. Yue finished the tournament 1-under par with 212 strokes.

The rest of the Ducks fell far below the pack. Tom Geaunt had a strong opening start to the tournament, but he fell behind on Wednesday. He shot a team-worst 77 and tumbled to 40th place in the tournament. 

Nate Stember finished the tournament in 45th place at 4-over, and Kevin Geniza finished 68th place at 10-over. Gian Luca Martinez ended Wednesday at 73rd place competing as an individual. Rounding out the Oregon representation was Edwin Kuang, who finished tied for 76th at 13-over.

The Ducks finished in the bottom-half of the tournament. The Ducks posted a 14-over 866 for the three-day tournament.

Oregon wrapped up its fall season and will be back in action in February for the Amer Ari Invitational in Hawaii.