Raevyn Rogers announces she’s turning pro

Six-time NCAA track and field champion Raevyn Rogers announced via Twitter that she will forgo her final year of NCAA eligibility to sign a contract with Nike and jump to the pros. Rogers will be represented by Global Athletics. Thank you @Run4Ducks for believing & trusting in me 💚💛 I’m …

Six-time NCAA track and field champion Raevyn Rogers announced via Twitter that she will forgo her final year of NCAA eligibility to sign a contract with Nike and jump to the pros. Rogers will be represented by Global Athletics.

Rogers famously anchored Oregon track and field’s 4×400-meter team in the 2017 NCAA Outdoor Championships this past June and helped Oregon secure the program’s first ever triple crown (cross country, indoor, outdoor). She is a finalist for the 2017 Bowerman award, which will be awarded this December.

In April, Rogers broke the collegiate record in the 800 with a 1 minute, 59.10 second run at the Mt. Sac Relays. The 4×400 race at NCAAs this year also set the collegiate record. Rogers also won the Pac-12 title in the 800 three years straight from 2015-17.

While she is no longer eligible to compete in college, Rogers, a senior, said on Twitter that she would stay enrolled at Oregon to complete her degree.

https://twitter.com/TheROYALlife21/status/901181876857163779

Rogers joins fellow Duck turned professional Deajah Stevens, who recently competed in the IAAF World Athletics Championships in London this summer.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow