2019.03.08.EMG.CJC.WTEN.UO.vs.CAL-2.jpg

Rifanty Kahfiani serves for the Ducks in a doubles match. Oregon Ducks women's tennis takes on University of California at the Student Tennis Center in Eugene, Ore. on March 8, 2019. (Connor Cox/Emerald)

Oregon women's tennis lost its 11th straight match on Friday, falling to Arizona 5-2.

In doubles play, the team of sophomore Paiton Wagner and junior Rifanty Kahfiani took home the sole victory for the Ducks in the three matches played, defeating their opponents 6-3. 

Arizona fought back on court two with a 6-2 victory over Oregon senior Daniela Nasser and freshman Allison Mulville, and on court three, after being tied 4-4 late in the match, Arizona took the doubles point in a close victory.

For singles play, the Ducks won the first two matches behind the efforts of Nasser and Kahfiani. Nasser won 6-4, 6-2 and Kahfiani dominated from the start 6-1, but was slow in the second set, which was a 5-5 tie, Kahfiani lost 7-5. She won the match with a 6-1 third-set win.

But the remaining four matches were all dominated by Arizona throughout, as no Oregon player won a single round. 

Next up, the Ducks will face off against Arizona State in Tempe, Arizona, on Sunday.

Follow Bryce Dole on Twitter @DoleBryce

As UO's independent student-run publication, the Daily Emerald covers all things Ducks, and covering the NCAA tournament is one of the most exciting opportunities for Emerald sports reporters. Any donation large or small helps support independent student journalism and provides Emerald reporters with the opportunity to cover the Ducks' shot at bringing a national title home to Eugene.