2019.02.01.EMG.BCG.WMT.vs.SM-12.jpg

Ducks junior Daniela Nasser follows through with her swing. Oregon Ducks women’s tennis takes on St. Mary's College at the Student Tennis Center in Eugene, Ore. on Feb. 01, 2019. (Ben Green/Emerald)

After, defeating Saint Mary's, 5-2 on Friday, the Oregon women's tennis team (3-2) completed the sweep of their home stand on Sunday with a 4-1 win over Fresno State (2-2).

Oregon started the match claiming the doubles point. The duo of Shweta Sangwan and Rifanty Kahfiani won first at the No. 1 spot, 6-1, followed by Daniela Nasser and Paiton Wagner winning in the No. 2 spot, 6-2.

In singles play, Wagner earned the Ducks’ first point winning in straight sets, 6-1, 6-0, against Fresno State’s Georgia Lawson in the No. 4 spot. Kahfiani won next in the No. 3 spot with another straight-set victory, 6-0, 6-1, against Ella Husrefovic.

Nasser secured Oregon’s match-winning point, defeating Deniza Marcinkevica in the No. 2 spot, 6-1, 4-6, 6-2. The win marked the 59th in her career, which ties her for ninth-most in program history. She shares the ranking with Sangwan and former Duck, Lindsay Bartlett.

Fresno State’s lone point came in the No. 6 spot, with Jane Ellis defeating Oregon’s Taryn Fujimori, 6-2, 6-3.

Oregon will spend the following weekend in Illinois. The Ducks will face Illinois-Chicago, Friday at 8 a.m. in Evanston, and then travel to Champaign on Sunday to play against Illinois at 9 a.m.

Follow Maggie Vanoni on Twitter: @maggie_vanoni

Sports Reporter

Maggie is a senior sports reporter covering all things Oregon sports including football, volleyball, women's basketball and softball. Contact her via email at [email protected]