2018.12.31.EMG.BCG.UO.vs.MSU.BowlGame-4.jpg

The Ducks celebrate their 7-6 victory over the Spartans. Oregon Ducks Football takes on Michigan State University at Levi’s Stadium in San Jose, CA. on Dec. 31, 2018. (Ben Green/Emerald)

It's national signing day and high school seniors across the country are signing their national letters of intent. 

The Ducks already had a top-10 recruiting class for the 2019 season and added more players throughout the day.

Oregon currently has the No. 7 class in the nation and first in the Pac-12, according to 247Sports.com.

“For us, it’s been an extremely exciting, satisfying morning,” head coach Mario Cristobal said.

One missing face from the Oregon coaching and recruiting staff was former wide receivers coach Michael Johnson, who left for Mississippi State. Cristobal said losing Johnson was unfortunate, however, unlike last season, the team was more prepared in case there were more sudden coaching changes.

In the past, position coaches recruit specific to their position, and are the bridge between player and program. Cristobal said that was not to be the case this year.

“This year’s approach was that multiple guys were assigned to certain recruits, to make sure that should something like that happen, the relationships were still strong enough to be maintained,” Cristobal said.

Here are live updates from Wednesday's signings:

CB DJ James, Spanish Fort, Alabama.

The 3-star corner was recruited by Donte Williams and is the second signing for the defensive backfield on the day.

“We know how hard it is to get those guys, and we live in a conference where the passing game for a lot of teams reigns supreme,” Cristobal said regarding James.

DB Jamal HillMorrow, Georgia. 

A 3-star recruit from Morro, according to 247sports.com.

"We needed a big, long, rangy explosive safety,” Cristobal explained. “A ball hawk. Great ball skills, extremely intelligent and great growth potential.”

DT Kristian WilliamsMemphis, Tennessee

Another 3-star recruit added to the class and the first signing of the day for the Ducks. Williams is Oregon's seventh defensive line commit.

“We wanted a guy who can change the game at the line of scrimmage. Kristian caught our eye at the end of the first recruiting cycle, and it was like ‘Why haven’t we been on this guy earlier?’” Cristobal said. “Kristian had everyone in that part of the country coming after him, and it made it tough.”

Oregon's full class can be viewed here.

This post will update throughout the day

Shawn is an associate sports editor at the Daily Emerald, covering Oregon football, women's basketball, softball and everything in between.

Maverick is an associate sports editor and reporter covering football, tennis, baseball, softball and basketball. To contact him, email him at [email protected]

August is a senior at UO majoring in journalism, with a minor in multimedia. He covers a range of sports, from track & field to basketball and football. Contact him at [email protected]