Photos: The Oregon Ducks play in the first round of the NCAA Championships

An opponent from Furman watches Oregon freshman Kathleen Scavo putt on hole 14. The Oregon Ducks play in the first round of the NCAA Women’s Golf Championships at the Eugene Country Club in Eugene, Oregon on May 20, 2016. (Adam Eberhardt/Emerald)

Oregon women's golf senior Kathleen Scavo was the lone Duck in Fayetteville, Arkansas, this week competing individually in the NCAA women's golf championships.  

Scavo, who finished fourth in regionals to qualify for nationals, posted an overall 7-over par performance through the three rounds at nationals, tying for 23rd out of the 132 individuals. 

The tournament was scheduled to contain four rounds but weather cancelled the fourth round, shortening the tournament to 54 holes. 

After a slow start in the first round, which Scavo hit 9-over 82, a 3-under second round salvaged her final tournament as a Duck. Scavo hit five birdies and an eagle in her second-round, which was broken up over two days due to weather. 

Scavo went 1-over in the final round, scoring four birdies before a double-bogey on the 17th hole and a bogey on the 18th. 

Scavo was the best par-5 player at the tournament, averaging a 4.47 with an 8-under score on the 15 par-5 holes. 

Her 23rd-place finish is Scavo's best nationals showing after tying for 66th in her previous two appearances in nationals. 

Maria Fassi of Arkansas took home the individual title with an 8-under outing while Arizona's Bianca Pagdanganan was the best finishing Pac-12 player, coming in third.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow 

Shawn is an associate sports editor at the Daily Emerald, covering Oregon football, women's basketball, softball and everything in between.

As UO's independent student-run publication, the Daily Emerald covers all things Ducks, and covering the NCAA tournament is one of the most exciting opportunities for Emerald sports reporters. Any donation large or small helps support independent student journalism and provides Emerald reporters with the opportunity to cover the Ducks' shot at bringing a national title home to Eugene.