Center Jake Hanson speaks on offensive line chemistry, coming back from injury

As the Ducks roll into the second week of fall camp, the full pads come on and bodies start to hurt, but it is a vital time for a team to come together. Chemistry is crucial for an offensive line, and the Ducks should already have it. Junior center Jake …

For the third time on Day 3, an Oregon Duck heard his name called at the 2020 NFL Draft — this time center Jake Hanson at No. 208 overall.

Following the fourth-round selection of Troy Dye by Minnesota and the fifth-round selection of Shane Lemieux by the Giants, Hanson will have an opportunity to fight for a roster spot and kickstart his NFL career in Green Bay.

The redshirt senior from Eureka, California was a four-year starter for the Ducks, and, like so many seniors in the class of 2020, was instrumental in rebuilding the Oregon program from its 4-8 valley in 2016 to its 11-2 peak in 2019. He started 49 games over his collegiate career, made the All-Pac-12 Second Team two times and helped anchor an offensive line in 2019 that was widely considered one of the best in the country.

Four-year starter who has the ability to assimilate into a variety of schemes but is unlikely to stand out in any particular one,” NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein wrote. “His strong, accurate hands and determined effort are his calling cards and he's been able to hang in against a series of big, talented interior linemen over the years. He lacks power and mass, which could hurt his chances with teams who play against odd-front defenses, but he's a steady performer who could offer late-round value as a backup.”

There are no guarantees for sixth-round draft picks, but Hanson’s combination of technique and production at the college level should bode well in his battle for playing time in Green Bay.

Brady Lim is a sports reporter, currently covering the beat for Ducks football and the Eugene Emeralds. Brady is originally from San Diego, California and is a senior at the University of Oregon.