Former Oregon men’s basketball player Tyler Dorsey arrested in Eugene

Tyler Dorsey, former Oregon men’s basketball player and a rookie for the Atlanta Hawks, was arrested on Saturday for DUII, driving without lights and an open container, which was first reported by KVAL and confirmed to the Emerald by Eugene Police Department spokesperson Melinda McLaughlin. Police say that Dorsey was pulled over in …

Tyler Dorsey, former Oregon men’s basketball player and a rookie for the Atlanta Hawks, was arrested on Saturday for DUII, driving without lights and an open container, which was first reported by KVAL and confirmed to the Emerald by Eugene Police Department spokesperson Melinda McLaughlin.

Police say that Dorsey was pulled over in a Land Rover Discovery onto Agate Street from Broadway at 2:38 a.m. on May 26. The vehicle came to a rolling stop before coming to a complete stop. Then, the officer spoke with Dorsey, spotted an open alcohol bottle on the floorboard of the passenger side and charged the 22-year-old after an investigation.

Dorsey, a second-round pick in the NBA Draft this last year, was an instrumental part of the Ducks’ run to the Final Four in 2017, averaging over 20 points per game over the last eight games of the season.

Dorsey spent two years at Oregon before turning pro. He averaged 7.2 points in 17.4 minutes per game for the Hawks this season.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow