3 Festive Outfit Ideas for the Holiday Party Season

(StatePoint) Hitting the holiday party circuit is the perfect excuse to give those casual clothes and athleisure a night off and dress up in eye-catching, festive attire.

An amazing pair of shoes can be one of the best conversation starters at an upcoming winter celebration, according to Nichole Duck, buyer for shoe retailer Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. From glimmering and glittery shoes to footwear featuring glamorous metallic tones, she is providing the top trends that are sure to perfect your holiday party look.

Glam it up with Glitter

Shoes featuring glitter accents promise just the right amount of sparkle and shine.

Ideas to try:

• A closed toed pump with a 3-inch heel adorned with glitter can be spectacularly paired with a high fashion slip dress and smoky eye.

• Combine a solid-colored sheath and shimmery pumps with elegant statement jewelry to complete the look.

Try Metal Tones

“Because metallic tones accentuate a broad range of color palettes, they serve as a neutral accessory for a favorite holiday outfit,” says Duck.

Ideas to try:

• Pair a bell-sleeve top and leather leggings with metallic heels. A hint of ruffle detail will add texture and tone to bejeweled footwear.

• A pointed pump in silver or gold combines nicely with a pencil skirt featuring a statement silhouette.

Go Red

While red is traditionally safe for any holiday party, this year’s “it” color is a full-bodied and vibrant shade.

Ideas to try:

• Match a little black dress with a pair of pumps in a bold shade of red. This striking color also enhances luxurious accessories made of velvet, satin or even tulle.

• Pair classic black stilettos with a red cashmere sweater and jeans for a casual, yet elegant style.

With more than 80 locations from coast to coast, Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse offers many selections of high fashion styles from top designer and name brands that can be worn for an upcoming holiday party. Visit offbroadwayshoes.com for more information.

This holiday season, look your best at celebrations. Set the tone with the right pair of shoes.