New Classroom Technologies Can Make Learning Easier and More Fun

(StatePoint) Technology is changing the face of education. Check out the newest ways teachers are modernizing their lesson plans in order to make learning easier and more fun.

1. Virtual Reality.

photo

Whether it’s a tour through an ancient Roman archaeological site or a deep-sea look at ocean creatures, VR can enhance educational experiences and create new immersive opportunities, allowing students to see the world without leaving the classroom.

2. Math Anywhere, Anytime.

photo

Technology advancements are enabling students of all learning styles to absorb mathematical concepts at their own pace without buying expensive calculators. Check out ClassPad.net, digital scratch paper with a range of functions that’s web accessible and free for students and teachers.

3. Modernized Music.

photo

Learning music is now easier than ever with new apps and next generation digital keyboards that have such features as lighted keys to help students learn notes intuitively. One such keyboard, Casio’s LK-265, connects to iOS and Android devices via a free app, so students can learn to play their favorite songs. Access to an endless library of music will give students constant motivation to keep at it.

4. Language Learning in the Palm of Your Hand.

photo

Today, you don’t need a stack of books or tapes to learn a new language. A variety of apps can introduce language learners to correct pronunciations, proper grammar and vocabulary, giving students opportunities to hone their reading, writing and speaking skills at their own pace in the classroom and on-the-go.

5. Classroom Updates.

photo

There’s less downtime for teachers and students these days, thanks to certain projectors today that reach maximum brightness in seconds, and are safer and more energy efficient to boot. For example, Casio’s LampFree technology provides high brightness and connectivity, so lesson plans stay in sharp focus.

Photo 1 Credit: (c) Tom Wang/Shutterstock.com

Photo 2 Credit: (c) Lumina Images / stock.Adobe.com

Photo 3 Credit: (c) Hans. P/Shutterstock.com

Photo 4 Credit: (c) Antonio Guillem/Shutterstock.com

Photo 5 Credit: (c) Kitti.s/Shutterstock.com