How to Help Military, Overseas Citizens Vote in Midterm Elections

(StatePoint) For Service members and their families stationed away and U.S. citizens living abroad, family and friends are vital connections to life back home. During the 2018 midterm elections, you can be an important source of voting information, especially for 18-24-year-olds voting absentee for the first time.

Click Here to Enlarge Infographic.

An easy way to help loved ones in the military or abroad to vote absentee is by referring them to the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP), which provides tools and resources to ensure that American citizens who want to vote can do so from anywhere in the world.

Voters can visit FVAP.gov to find state-by-state official registration and ballot request deadlines, as well as information on completing a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), which is the registration and ballot request form, or the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB), the backup ballot. Both forms are available at FVAP.gov and can be filled out with the online assistant or by hand.

For additional information, visit FVAP.gov, email [email protected] or call 1-800-438-VOTE (8683).

The sooner voters register and request their ballots, the greater the likelihood they can successfully vote. That’s because ballots must be sent back before individual state deadlines, which vary by state.

*****