UO will decide on canceling classes or not early Wednesday morning due to snow

A winter weather advisory warning was issued for South Willamette Valley at 8:08 p.m. Tuesday night and will remain in effect until 7 a.m. on Wednesday. The National Weather Service predicts that a possible one to three inches of snow could accumulate overnight, with temperatures at a low of 29 …

A winter weather advisory warning was issued for South Willamette Valley at 8:08 p.m. Tuesday night and will remain in effect until 7 a.m. on Wednesday.

The National Weather Service predicts that a possible one to three inches of snow could accumulate overnight, with temperatures at a low of 29 degrees. There is a 90 percent chance of precipitation.

University of Oregon spokesperson Tobin Klinger said that the weather will be assessed around 4 a.m. on Wednesday.

“If [there’s] significant snow on campus, there will be a decision made shortly thereafter,” Klinger said.

If UO decides to cancel school, UO Alert will send texts and/or emails to notify students. They will also post online and notify The Emerald.

If school is not canceled, UO will not send out any alerts or notices.