Tom’s Market near campus robbed at gunpoint

Police respond to an armed robbery at Tom’s Market. (Jadyn Marks/Emerald)

Tom’s Market on East 19th Avenue and Agate Street was robbed at gunpoint around 9:30 p.m. Police responded quickly. At least seven police cars were on the scene with weapons and a police dog — five cars parked on the street by the market and more patrolling, headed south on Agate Street.

There have been several robberies involving guns in the campus area in the past few days including Neighborhood Market on Hilyard Street, Subway on 18th Avenue, Dutch Brothers Coffee on West 11th Avenue and a student near East 16th Ave. and Hillyard Street.

Police officers from the Eugene Police Department and UOPD were searching the area with police dogs until approximately 11 p.m. 

According to a Campus Crime Alert, the two suspects involved were described similarly to the suspects in the other recent robberies.

One was described as a black male, in his 20s, between 6′ and 6’2″, with a large build. He was wearing a beanie hat and a black mask covering the lower part of his face. He was wearing a black long-sleeved jacket and black pants.

The second suspect was described as a white male, medium build, wearing a dark blue beanie. He was wearing a dark blue sweatshirt with a gray hood and a logo, black pants, and black shoes.

The Crime Alert said that the suspects should be considered armed and dangerous, and they should not be approached.

Anyone with information about the suspects should call the Eugene Police at 541-682-5111 or UOPD at 541-346-2919.

This story is developing.