Podcast: Eugene students and community members march to support plaintiffs in climate change lawsuit

Hundreds of Eugene students and community members marched to the federal courthouse on Monday morning to support the plaintiffs in Juliana v. United States, a landmark class-action lawsuit, after the federal case was put on pause by the U.S. Supreme Court. 21 plaintiffs between the ages of 11 and 22 …

Hundreds of Eugene students and community members marched to the federal courthouse on Monday morning to support the plaintiffs in Juliana v. United States, a landmark class-action lawsuit, after the federal case was put on pause by the U.S. Supreme Court.

21 plaintiffs between the ages of 11 and 22 are claiming that the federal government’s inaction on climate change has violated their constitutional rights to life, liberty and property. The case has been in process for three years and was set to go to trial Monday.

Produced and edited by Ryan Nguyen.

Podcast Editor

Ryan Nguyen is the podcast editor and an aspiring education reporter. He manages, produces and edits several Emerald Podcast Network programs a week. Previously, Nguyen covered student government as a news reporter.