We went to the ASUO Senate meeting so you didn’t have to. Here’s what you need to know:
Senate has used 63.2 percent of its surplus this year. Here are the lists of approved special requests tonight:
- University Film Organization requested $5,000 for new, up-to-date cameras for students to use. The group aims to provide students an opportunity to work with equipment to prepare for a career in film. The cameras that the group currently has are obsolete by two years. However, Senate tabled the request and referred the group to the ASUO Executive’s specific funds for replacing minor equipment.
- OUTLaws transferred $4,000 within its budget to bring two speakers to campus for its Spring Speaker Series on April 11. The first speaker is a transgender advocate and the second is a Black Lives Matter speaker
- U R Awesome received $349.95 for its Finals Kisses event on March 8. Part of the money will purchase 2,500 Hershey’s Kisses. The group will also have Puddle for an hour in front of Knight Library and the EMU.
- Associated Students for Historic Preservation granted with $6,064 to send eight members to The California Preservation Foundation in San Francisco. The amount will cover flights, rental cars, conference registration fees and hotel costs.
- The Asian Culture Communication Association received $2,000 for its Japanese Comic-Con Festival. The festival aims to teach students about Japanese culture. The festival will be held May 20 in Global Scholars Hall room 123.
- Divisi received $500 to send its group to Berkeley, California for an A Capella festival. Students will attend workshops and perform in a showcase.