New student Board of Trustees member appointed

Governor Kate Brown appointed a new student member to the Board of Trustees on Monday. Will Paustian will replace Associated Students of the University of Oregon President Helena Schlegel. Schlegel resigned from the Board on Sept. 25, 2015. “We look forward to working with Trustee-designate Paustian on student issues throughout …

Governor Kate Brown appointed a new student member to the Board of Trustees on Monday. Will Paustian will replace Associated Students of the University of Oregon President Helena Schlegel. Schlegel resigned from the Board on Sept. 25, 2015.

“We look forward to working with Trustee-designate Paustian on student issues throughout our respective areas of our shared governance structure,” ASUO said in a statement. “We believe that this decision will prove beneficial for students by disjoining the roles of ASUO President and the student Board of Trustees member, which allows for President Schlegel and Trustee-designate Paustian to focus directly on their respective roles and improve the quality of representation we have in each position.”

ASUO conducted a search for the new board member after Schlegel resigned, ultimately bringing two candidates forward to Governor Brown. Brown chose Paustian.

Paustian is an undergraduate Pre-Business Administration major, according to UO records.