Oakway Center’s Best Eats

Words by Skyla Patton | Photo by Trevor Meyer

The Oakway Center is home to some of Eugene’s best feel-good restaurants and packed with fun shops, parks and local sightseeing. While you’re out enjoying Trader Joe’s or window shopping, be sure to stop by these classic eateries for tasty food and great environments.

Sabai

Packed full of the cuisine from all across the Pacific Ocean and matched with an exhilarating modern environment, Sabai is a hot spot you won’t want to miss out on. Located conveniently in the Oakway Center, this hip restaurant offers original Thai cuisine with exotic twists inspired by dishes from all across the Pacific Rim. Current seasonal specials include classic plates such as yellow curry scallops seared with corn and pancetta, or something wild like tropical lava catfish (yes, we said lava catfish).

27 Oakway Center. Open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. & 4:30 p.m. to close.

Cafe 440

This hip restaurant and bar combo is often described as both trendy and warm. Gorgeous decor and comfortable seating will allow you to relax during your meal while still feeling a touch of elegance. Cafe 440 prides itself on sticking to old school standards of quality, friendliness and most of all amazing food. Huge menus offer wide ranges of lunch and dinner, spanning from a classic pesto chicken sandwich to brisket bandito. Stop by during 3 to 5 p.m. during happy hour for even more killer specials.

440 Coburg Rd. Open seven days per week 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Hot Mama’s Kitchen + Bar

Do you love Hot Mama’s Wings? Get ready for the latest and greatest edition of the legacy: Hot Mama’s Kitchen and Bar. Located conveniently near the Oakway Center, this new poppin’ joint is packed full of delicious meals and fun bar specials. Start off the evening with a piping plate of jalapeno poppers or fried cauliflower and move straight into a Hot Mama’ burger or a reuben. Don’t worry — the wings you love and care for are calling your name during Wing Wednesday or Wing & Brew Mondays. Stop by for week day happy hour from 3-5 p.m. and weekend happy hour from 10pm to close.

329 Oakway Rd. Open even day per week 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Dickie Yo’s Frozen Treats

When your cravings finally convince you to get dessert, fro-yo or freshly churned ice cream isn’t far from the top of the list. Dickie Yo’s offers some of the best selections of self-serve frozen sweets around and all the toppings your heart could desire — including fresh berries and fruit. The cozy, American-style environment appeals to families with children, couples on a fun date or even sports fans who plant themselves in front of the large televisions in both dining areas.

12 Oakway Center. Open Fri-Sat 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. & Sun-Thurs 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.