Podcast: Sex as a Conversation with Maria Falzone

Relationships can be tricky to navigate, especially when sex comes into the picture. How do you even know when — or even if — you’re ready to have sex? To answer that question and more, Dana Sparks, who hosts “Asking for a Friend,” the Emerald’s sex and relationships column, interviewed …

Relationships can be tricky to navigate, especially when sex comes into the picture. How do you even know when — or even if — you’re ready to have sex?

To answer that question and more, Dana Sparks, who hosts “Asking for a Friend,” the Emerald’s sex and relationships column, interviewed Maria Falzone, a sex educator and comedian who’s best known for her work teaching on college campuses.

They discussed a quote from sex educator Suzi Landolphi on knowing when you’re ready to have sex, about communicating your desires to your partner, learning to say no and becoming more comfortable with your body.

Disclaimer: This podcast contains explicit language and may not be suitable for all listeners.

The music in this podcast is “Summer Dreams” by Ryan Little. This podcast was produced and edited by Ryan Nguyen.

Photojournalist and Sex and Relationships columnist

Dana is a photojournalist specializing in long-format storytelling — particularly regarding gender and social justice topics. She is the Daily Emerald Sex and Relationships columnist. This is her third year at the Emerald.