Ahhhh, a new year. Let the two week streak of gym sessions and disgusting goop diets commence.
To help keep up with the bandwagon of looking your best this year without leaving your house for the gym, here are a few makeup and skin favorites from the pros at Nordstrom and Allure Magazine for you to try out!
1. GLAMGLOW: The press is going wild about these masks. YOUTHMUD Tinglexfloiate Treatment is the brand’s best seller and won the Cosmetic Executive Women Insiders’ Choice Beauty Award for Best Indie Brand of 2014. It gives a noticeable three-day glow and helps diminish fine lines and pores, leaving skin brighter, smoother and softer. Apply a thin layer to your clean face and leave it on for 10 minutes or less time, if desired. The tingling sensation will let you know it’s working. Remove the mask with water and voilà.
You can find the GLAMGLOW Mud products at your local fine retailers, or online at Sephora. Prices range from $19-$69.
2. Nars’ Audacious lipsticks: While these are a bit on the pricey side, these lipsticks are worth every penny to have them in your collection. The shades are rich and semi-matte but creamy all at the same time. They won Allure Magazine’s ‘Best of Beauty’ Award for Best Long-Wearing Lipstick in the shade Rita for 2014. Annabella is my personal favorite shade because who doesn’t love their guilty red lipstick pleasure?!
You can find Nars’ Audacious lipsticks online at Nordstrom.com for $32 in 28 different shades.
3. BareMinerals ‘bareSkin’ Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum: A breakthrough foundation that is a skincare serum and foundation all in one – what more can you ask for? It is lightweight and long-lasting with a blend of SPF 20 and vitamin C for more even skin protection. Be sure to SHAKE WELL! Place onto your favorite face brush and then gently buff onto your skin starting from the center and working your way outwards. Use two drops for sheer coverage, four drops for medium coverage and six drops for full coverage. This foundation was the winner of Allure magazine’s ‘Best of Beauty’ Award for Best Mineral Foundation of 2014.
You can find BareMinerals ‘bareSkin’ Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum online at Nordstrom.com for $29 in 19 different shades.
4. The Naked eyeshadow palettes by Urban Decay: Neutrals are far from boring with these eyeshadow palettes. You are immediately loaded with a wide range of textures such as matte, satin, shimmer and sparkle – perfect for your everyday makeup. Every shade features the Naked brand’s Pigment Infusion system which holds the color tightly on your lids and gives it that signature velvety glide. There is a palette for everyone, whether it be cool tones for the perfect neutral matte eye or the shimmer and sparkle for a dramatic going out smoky eye.
5. CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara: If you’re looking for a cheap, volumizing mascara without the clumps, this one is for you! This mascara comes with a slightly curved brush to prevent clumping. No longer will you fear layering mascara on and on and on. It has won the Allure magazine ‘Best of Beauty’ award 3 years in a row.
You can find CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara online at CoverGirl.com for $6.99 or at your local drug store.
Follow Hailey Geller on Twitter @hgeller30