Student robbed at gunpoint near campus this morning

A student said she was robbed at gunpoint this morning around 3:00 a.m. near East 16th Ave. and Hillyard Street, according to a campus crime alert. Based on the information she provided to Eugene Police, the suspect is described as a “black male in his mid-20s, with a heavy build, …

A student said she was robbed at gunpoint this morning around 3:00 a.m. near East 16th Ave. and Hillyard Street, according to a campus crime alert.

Based on the information she provided to Eugene Police, the suspect is described as a “black male in his mid-20s, with a heavy build, wearing a dark blue hooded sweatshirt and light colored jeans, and possibly with a nose ring” and described the gun as silver.

Eugene Police said the suspect was last seen going west on East 16th Ave. away from Hillyard Street.

Eugene Police encourage anyone who has information related to the crime to contact the non-emergency line at 541-682-5111.

The Emerald will continue to report on this story if developments occur.

Michael is one of the Emerald's associate news editors. He does investigative work as well as stories about the UO Administration. Drop him a tip: [email protected]