Design Interns are responsible for learning and improving their skills as much as possible. Weekly DesignShop meetings and tutorials are required. Tasks include creating Photostrips for Client Photobooth events, Designing SPEC Ad artwork, Brainstorming and assisting with Emerald Marketing/Branding.
Business Department Positions
The Account Executive at the Emerald Media Group is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clients that utilize our services to market, advertise and engage with the UO community. They are hyper focused on customer service and providing our clients with creative and dynamic advertising and marketing campaigns that are based on the goals and objectives of our clients.
The Student Web Designer/Developer will work directly with the Creative & Technical Director to manage EMG’s web presence across multiple platforms. Applicants should have proficiency with HTML/CSS as well as content management systems. The ideal candidate will also have a knowledge base in design and experience with the Adobe programs in order to facilitate high quality visuals across EMG websites.
How to Apply for Business Department Positions
Send resume and any specificaly requested documents to [email protected]
Creative and Technical Director
The EMG Creative & Technical Director is a professional position that manages the creative and production workflows of Emerald Media Group. The director will work with account executives, schedule and manage the production of all Emerald Media publications and special sections, paginate said publications and interface with EMG’s printer to ensure quality products are produced and delivered.
The Creative & Technical Director will work with a team of student editors, account executives, photographers/videographers and designers to produce multiple business publications, advertising campaigns and other content that contribute to EMG’s annual revenue goals.
The Creative & Technical Director is also responsible for basic IT management, including software upgrades and maintenance of internal servers, workstations and printers as well as Wordpress and TownNews websites.
This is a 28 to 32-hour per week position at a $20 hourly wage. (Benefits are negotiable.) Position reports to the Publisher.
1. Works directly with the Publisher and Director of Sales and Digital Marketing to grow the Emerald’s relevance, readership and revenue across its various publications
2. Will work alongside students from the business departments while teaching and collaborating on design, campaign strategies and best practices within Emerald Media Group and for its clients
3. Responsible for managing all print workflows and interfacing with Oregon Web Press to schedule and deadline all print publications
4. Help manage the company’s design systems, including hardware, software and light server (file) management
5. Assists and leads the development of new business ventures/strategies
6. Ensures all Emerald Media products are consistent with the Emerald’s standards for professionalism, quality, branding and strategy
7. Consults with clients as needed
8. Business side video team management
9. Internal IT Services, including user support
10. Web development
11. Online ad uploading
12. Day to day maintenance of duckshousing.com
13. Performs other duties as assigned
Management experience in graphic design, art direction and project development including:
1. Adobe Creative Suite
2. Publication pagination
3. Publication design
4. Advertising design
5. Digital Media Design
6. Ability to work alongside and mentor college students
7. Strong problem solving and communication skills
8. Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial workspace
1. Social media strategy & marketing
2. Email marketing
3. Video editing
4. TownNews and WordPress
5. HTML & CSS
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and examples of work or link to your website to: [email protected] by Nov. 13, 2019.