Job Opening: Professional Account Executive
The Emerald Media Group is a multifaceted modern college media company that provides a full range of products and services that help businesses connect and market to the University of Oregon community. Print publications include the Emerald newspaper, sports publications and a variety of specialized magazines. Other services include digital advertising, social media, video production, events, and design services. Every facet of our organization is constantly being reinvented and challenges the conventional. We identify quickly what doesn’t work, and focus on finding out what does. We do things differently in an effort to “make college better.” Better for the people that work for us as well as those who interact with us.
The account executive at the Emerald Media Group is a professional position, responsible for maintaining current client accounts and relationships and generating new business leads. Qualified candidates will have a passion for the practice of modern media, be highly organized, hyper focused on customer service and must have the ability to provide clients with creative and dynamic advertising and marketing campaigns that are based on specifically designed goals and objectives. They will have the proven ability to adhere to strict deadlines and will be responsible for meeting monthly sales goals.
- Develop innovative techniques to find, engage and close new business prospects
- Become an expert in EMG advertising solutions and UO market demographics, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs
- Display a customer centric approach when dealing with existing clients to achieve customer satisfaction and new business opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between internal creative department and clients to assist in development of effective advertising campaigns
- Achieve and constantly exceed monthly sales goals
- Perform other related duties as required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experiences
- 5 years sales/customer service experience
- Media experience preferred
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and task oriented
- Positive attitude and drive to succeed
- Must be a creative thinker with a strong desire for innovation. EMG strives to be ahead of the curve and a thought leader invested in developing new trends.
- The desire and understanding that ongoing research/education drives the mission of Emerald Media Group and its goal “To make college better.”
- Must have a strong passion for media, innovation, sales & marketing and project management.
- Ability to work in a strong, team-driven environment.
- A proven work ethic that shows a history of ownership/responsibility
- This position offers a starting base salary plus commission with the ability to move into a senior account executive position.
- EMG offers competitive health, vision and dental benefits, vacation and sick leave.
- After two years of employment, professional staff members can participate in Emerald Media Group’s TIAA Cref retirement fund.
- To apply send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS