Jude Stone

How/Why do you want to change the world? 

I want to fight for equality for people with intersecting identities like women of color and trans people with disabilities because social justice work often neglects people with multiple marginalized identities. I’m extremely passionate about civil rights and I want to help progress LGBTQ+ rights in America especially.

What are you proud to have been involved with at University of Oregon? 

I’m really proud to be involved with OSPIRG (Oregon Students Public Interest Research Group). I coordinated their Zero Hunger Zero Waste campaign last Fall and helped our campaign gain a seat on the Associate Dean of Student’s Hunger Task Force. For the last two terms, I have campaign coordinated their New Voters Project and will continue to do so through next Fall. I have organized a voter coalition called Ducks Vote! with over 10 UO organizations (including ASUO Government, the Holden Center, and LGBTQA3), managed volunteers completing a variety of voter registration tactics, and lobbied with administrators to institutionalize civic engagement on campus. I’m really excited to register over 1,000 students to vote in the fall!

Who is your biggest role model and why? 

My biggest role model is Sonya Renee Taylor because she is a fierce advocate for intersectional justice and promotes equality by teaching radical self-love.

What are your goals after college? 

I plan to move to the East Coast and become a paralegal for an intersectional social justice nonprofit like the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

Which fictional character is most like yourself?

A more chaotic version of Ben Wyatt from Parks and Rec.

What is one fun fact about you? 

I have two pet rats who sleep on my bed while I work!

Tags