ASUOMultimediaNewsNews PodcastsPodcast

ASUO and You Podcast: What is the ASUO?

You may have heard of the Associated Students of the University of Oregon, but what does our student government actually do? How does it work? And how much power does it have? Our first episode illustrates the basics of your student government.

This episode was edited by Ryan Nguyen.

Ryan Nguyen

Ryan Nguyen

Ryan ("Nayr" ) Nguyen is the podcast editor for the Daily Emerald, the independent, student-run newspaper at the University of Oregon, and an aspiring investigative reporter. He manages, produces and edits several Emerald Podcast Network programs a week about student government, sports and science.

Nguyen also produces audio stories for Storytime, a weekly radio show focused on free-form narratives, for KWVA Eugene 88.1 FM, the UO campus radio station.

Previously, Nguyen covered student government as a news reporter for the Emerald. His stories appeared once per week in the weekly paper and online. Outside of his beat, he wrote stories spotlighting the dropout rates of UO’s Robert D. Clark Honors College, as well as hazing by a UO fraternity that was later suspended by the university.

He also reported a long-form story for FLUX Magazine, a UO publication and 2018 Pacemaker finalist, about the societal stigma that male nurses face.

He's a sophomore who is studying journalism and computer information technology, aka making pretty websites.

Big fan of fans, $300 textbooks and the Oxford comma.

Contact me with tips, weird story ideas or questions at [email protected]