Arts & CultureEventsMultimediaMusicPhoto

Photos: A night of reggae at the Cuthbert Amphitheater with Rebelution, Stephen Marley and more

People filter in through the front gates of the amphitheater. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Zion I begins the night in the setting sun. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Zion I is the first of three openers before Rebelution. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Hip hop duo Zion I is the opening act of the night. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

An audience member smiles during Stephen Marley’s performance. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Common Kings are the second opener of the night with DJ Mackle appearing between sets. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Common Kings set the stage after the first opener Zion I. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

In between Common Kings and Stephen Marley, white spot lights illuminate unsuspecting audience members. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Stephen Marley follows after Common Kings bringing in a mix of his own music as well as some from his father, Bob Marley. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

One of Stephen Marley’s dreadlocks swings and lands on his guitar, resting there as Marley addresses the Eugene audience. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Stephen Marley is the final performer to take the stage before Rebelution. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Stephen Marley playing before Rebelution takes the stage. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

The white lights that had show brightly on the audience between sets shines again, only this time, it’s during Stephen Marley’s performance. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Many young audiences members could be found getting a boost up on shoulders and arms while some were fast asleep on the grass lawns. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Rebelution lead singer Eric Rachmany finally takes the stage as the night cools down and darkens. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Rebelution lead singer Eric Rachmany and the audience nearing the end of the show. Rebelution headlines Cuthbert Amphitheater for a night of reggae with Zion I, Common Kings and Stephen Marley on Aug. 17, 2018. (Dana Sparks/Emerald)

Follow Dana Sparks on Instagram: @danasparksphoto

Dana Sparks

Dana Sparks

Dana is a photojournalist specializing in long-format, feature stories and portraiture. She dabbles in writing and video production.

Catch her on instagram @danasparksphoto