Cross CountrySportsTrack & Field

Report: Oregon loses multiple top runners

Oregon track and field and cross country runners Katie Rainsberger, Lilli Burdon, Tanner Anderson and Mick Stanovsek were all granted transfers from the university, according to the Register-Guard.

The news comes in the wake of former Oregon assistant coaches Andy and Maurica Powell hired on to run the University of Washington’s program. The Ducks replaced them with Helen Lehman-Winters and Ben Thomas.

The group has a large collection of accolades.

Burdon is a seven-time All-American, an NCAA Champion and a Cross Country All-Pac-12 First-Team.

Rainsberger is a five-time All-American, Two-time Cross Country All-Pac-12 First-Team, Pac-12 Cross Country Freshman of the Year, Honda Award Finalist for Cross Country.

Stanovsek is a three-time All-American, and Anderson is a two-time All-American.

Hansen also noted the absence of Judy Pendergast, Jaxson Hoey and incoming freshman Josh Hoey from the roster.

Follow Maverick Pallack on Twitter @mavpallack

Maverick Pallack

Maverick Pallack

Maverick is an associate sports editor and reporter covering football, baseball, softball, track and field, women's tennis and men's tennis. You can follow him on Twitter @mavpallack or contact him at [email protected]