GolfSports

Oregon names Derek Radley as new women’s golf coach

Following Ria Scott’s exit for Virginia, Oregon women’s golf has named Derek Radley the new head coach.

Radley comes to Eugene from Arizona, where he spent his last six seasons and was the Wildcats’ associate head coach since 2016. Radley inherits an Oregon team that has made 11 straight NCAA Regionals appearances.

“I’m excited to come in and hit the ground running and do everything I can to help these young women reach their goals,” Radley said in Oregon’s press release.

During Radley’s time at Arizona, the Wildcats finished in the top-10 in the NCAA five times. Radley is the sixth head coach in Oregon women’s golf history and will have a nearly full group of returners for next season with five of last year’s six players coming back for the 2018-19 year.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow

Shawn Medow

Shawn Medow

Shawn is an associate sports editor and reporter for the Emerald covering football, men's basketball, women's basketball, acrobatics and tumbling, track and field/cross-country and softball. He also hosts several podcasts, including a soccer podcast, on the Emerald Podcast Network. You can contact him at [email protected] or on Twitter @ShawnMedow.