SportsWomen's Basketball

Mallory McGwire transfers to Boise State, fourth Duck to leave program

Sophomore Mallory McGwire announced on Twitter on Wednesday that she will transfer to Boise State after two seasons on the Oregon women’s basketball team.

https://twitter.com/mallorymcgwire/status/991881359516823553

McGwire averaged 15.6 minutes in her sophomore season while averaging 4.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.

McGwire struggled for playtime behind fellow sophomore Ruthy Hebard and freshman Satou Sabally.

Oregon lost seniors Lexi Bando and Justine Hall after this past season, which saw the top-10 Ducks make a run to the Elite Eight. Freshmen Anneli Maley and Aina Ayuso both left the program, with Maley transferring to TCU and Ayuso going pro in Spain. Sophomore Sierra Campisano has also left the program to transfer but has yet to announce a destination.

The Ducks bring in freshmen Nyara Sabally and Taylor Chavez with Erin Boley coming into play after sitting out this past season after transferring from Notre Dame.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow

Shawn Medow

Shawn Medow

Shawn is an associate sports editor and reporter for the Emerald covering football, men's basketball, women's basketball, acrobatics and tumbling, track and field/cross-country and softball. He also hosts several podcasts, including a soccer podcast, on the Emerald Podcast Network. You can contact him at [email protected] or on Twitter @ShawnMedow.