FootballSports

Oregon left tackle Tyrell Crosby drafted No. 153 overall by the Detroit Lions

Former Oregon left tackle Tyrell Crosby was drafted in the fifth round, No. 153 overall, by the Detroit Lions on Saturday in the 2018 NFL Draft. The four-year tackle was the 14th tackle drafted and the second Duck, behind running back Royce Freeman. He is the first Oregon offensive lineman drafted since his predecessor, Jake Fisher, was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in 2015.

Plenty of NFL Mock Drafts and analysts had Crosby rated as the No. 3 tackle, a top-100 overall player and a day-two pick. Ultimately he fell to day-three, and will compete for a roster spot and playing-time.

https://twitter.com/Tyrellcrosby/status/990298431817072640

The Lions have two big-money tackles on their roster already in Taylor Decker and Rick Wagner. There is still a chance that an injury or position switch could help Crosby find the field his rookie season.

Crosby had a good senior season, starting all 13 games. He allowed zero quarterback sacks and hits anchoring the left side of the line. He was named first-team all-Pac-12 and the Ed Moshofsky Award winner, given to the best Oregon offensive lineman, voted by teammates.

Crosby also showed high-character in his time at Oregon. He contributed with the Doernbecher #StompOutCancer uniforms the Ducks wore against Nebraska. The Nevada native also changed numbers from 73 to 58 for the Las Vegas Bowl to honor the 58 victims from last year’s mass shooting.

https://twitter.com/LaMichaelJames/status/990024976982933506

A couple other Oregon players that have a chance of either being drafted or signed as undrafted free agents are long snapper Tanner Carew, cornerback Arrion Springs, wide receiver Charles Nelson and safety Tyree Robinson.

Follow Maverick Pallack on Twitter @mavpallack

Maverick Pallack

Maverick Pallack

Maverick is an associate sports editor and reporter covering football, baseball, softball, track and field, women's tennis and men's tennis. You can follow him on Twitter @mavpallack or contact him at [email protected]