News

National Weather Service forecasts record-tying lows, chance of snow next week



After mostly sunny days the past two weeks, it’s about to get cold.

The National Weather Service forecasts that starting Saturday night through Wednesday, Eugene temperatures will stay under 43 degrees.

Chances of snow showers starting on Sunday and through Monday will accompany the low-20-degree night-time weather. Snow is most likely to fall on Sunday with a forecasted low of 27 degrees, and a 70 percent chance of precipitation throughout the day.

Monday night is forecasted to have a low at 22 degrees, which would tie this year’s record low of 22 set this past Monday, according to the Eugene Airport National Weather Service Station

Tuesday is forecasted to be mostly sunny and have less precipitation; however, the low is forecasted to be around 22 degrees.

From now until Saturday night, high temperatures are forecasted to remain in the high 40s and low 50s, and the low temperatures are forecasted to remain between 35 degrees and 40 degrees. There is a 40 percent chance of rain on Friday and a 60 percent chance of rain on Saturday.


Do you appreciate independent student journalism? Emerald Media Group is a non-profit organization. Please consider a donation to support our mission.

Donate


Comments

Tell us what you think:


Rylee Kahan

Rylee Kahan

Rylee Kahan is a News Reporter for The Daily Emerald. She is a sophomore majoring in Journalism and loves late-night coffee runs.