SportsWomen's Basketball

Oregon women’s basketball stays at No. 9 in AP Poll

After sweeping the Washington schools on the road this past weekend, Oregon women’s basketball remained No. 9 in this week’s AP Top-25 Poll.

The Ducks were led by Ruthy Hebard, who put up 59 points over the weekend on 25-of-27 shooting while also collecting 23 rebounds. Oregon’s win over Washington State also saw the return of Lexi Bando, who scored nine points in her first game back since injury.

Oregon hosts USC and UCLA this upcoming weekend, which provides a top-10 matchup between the Ducks and the No. 7 UCLA Bruins. USC is not ranked.

The other ranked Pac-12 schools are Stanford at No. 14, Oregon State at No. 15 while Connecticut once again tops the poll.

Here is the full poll:

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow

Would you like to increase opportunities for women and people of color in journalism? Now is your chance to support the Emerald’s program by helping us send reporter Ryan Nguyen and Emily Goodykoontz to the annual Investigative Reporters and Editors conference this June!

Shawn Medow

Shawn Medow

Shawn is an associate sports editor and reporter for the Emerald covering football, men's basketball, women's basketball, acrobatics and tumbling, track and field/cross-country and softball. He also hosts several podcasts, including a soccer podcast, on the Emerald Podcast Network. You can contact him at [email protected] or on Twitter @ShawnMedow.