SportsTrack & Field

Report: Hannah Cunliffe leaves Oregon track and field team

Oregon track and field sprinter Hannah Cunliffe has left the team, according to the Oregonian’s Ken Goe.

Cunliffe, who was the 60-meter national champion last year, has not competed for the Ducks in either of the team’s two meets this indoor season. Cunliffe would be a senior this year.

According to the Oregonian, Cunliffe is not registered for classes, but as of Sunday morning, she is still listed on the team’s roster on goducks.com.

Oregon track and field head coach Robert Johnson told the Oregonian via text, “want to support Hannah in her dreams of being a pro.”

After transferring from Oklahoma following her freshman year, Cunliffe was named the 2016 women’s Pac-12 track and field athlete of the year and 2017 USTFCCA women’s indoor track athlete of the year while with Oregon.

The three-time Pac-12 champion and four-time All-American is not alone to leave the team prior to graduation. Sprinter Deajah Stevens and 2017 Bowerman Trophy winner Raevyn Rogers left the team after last year to turn professional.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow

Shawn Medow

Shawn Medow

Shawn is an associate sports editor and reporter for the Emerald covering football, men's basketball, women's basketball, acrobatics and tumbling, track and field/cross-country and softball. He also hosts several podcasts, including a soccer podcast, on the Emerald Podcast Network. You can contact him at [email protected] or on Twitter @ShawnMedow.