Men's BasketballSports

Oregon men’s basketball secures four-star Will Richardson

Four-star guard Will Richardson signed for Oregon men’s basketball on Thursday, according to 247Sports.

Richardson, a 6-foot-4-inch left-handed shooter will join the Ducks’ already strong recruiting class of 2018, which has already secured four-star Miles Norris and five-star Louis King. According to 247Sports, the Ducks’ recruiting class moves up from 26th to eight in the nation by adding Richardson.

Richardson, ranked the 47th best recruit and No. 4 guard in the nation, comes from Oak Hill Academy in Midway, Georgia.

“I see myself coming in as a leader and a lead guard that can play on and off the ball,” Richardson told Scout. “Can make the right pass and lead the team verbally and be a local leader on the court.”

The Ducks are still in the hunt for the No. 3 recruit, Bol Bol, who could make Oregon’s recruiting class the No. 1 in the nation.

Oregon continues its nonconference schedule on Friday night when they take on Alabama State at 8 p.m. and then Ball State on Sunday at 6 p.m. at Matthew Knight Arena.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow

Shawn Medow

Shawn Medow

Shawn is an associate sports editor and reporter for the Emerald covering football, men's basketball, women's basketball, acrobatics and tumbling, track and field/cross-country and softball. He also hosts several podcasts, including a soccer podcast, on the Emerald Podcast Network. You can contact him at [email protected] or on Twitter @ShawnMedow.