Quick HitsSports

Quick Hits: Oregon women No. 1 in Cross-Country, men’s golf gets a surprise

A former Oregon recruit is suing the University of Oregon, Dana Altman and his staff. He tore his ACL during a workout for the coaches, and is reportedly looking for compensation upwards of $100,000.

— After winning the Pre-National Invitational this past Saturday, the Oregon women’s cross-country team is now ranked No. 1 in cross-country, according to the NCAA. Oregon beat previous No. 1 Colorado, who is now third. New Mexico has moved into second place.

— In a post-tourney celebration after the Nike Collegiate Invitational, Oregon men’s golf coach Casey Martin and the team got a surprise visit visit from Tiger Woods. Martin and Woods were teammates at Stanford.

— Oregon announced the 2018 Track and Field schedule on GoDucks.com. There will be six indoor meets and 13 outdoor meets. Hayward Field will once again host the NCAA Outdoor Championships, for the fifth year in the row. Home meets this season will be the Pepsi Invitational on April 7th, Oregon Twilight on May 4th, and the Championships will be June 6th-9th.

— The football team will face the 3-3 Bruins at UCLA Saturday afternoon. Head Coach Willie Taggart said QB Braxton Burmeister will start. He has had an up and down season thus far to say the least. Be sure to know the players to watch and get a free preview ahead of time for the game.

Follow August Howell on Twitter @howell_august

August Howell

August Howell