Quick HitsSports

Quick Hits: Carrington suspended, pair of Ducks named FIBA World Cup All-Stars

— Oregon football wide receiver Darren Carrington was suspended indefinitely by head coach Willie Taggart following his DUI arrest on July 1. Carrington was charged with misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence of intoxicants, careless driving and an improper right turn.

— Sophomore Payton Pritchard and incoming freshman Abu Kigab were named to the 2017 FIBA Under-19 World Cup All-Star Team. Pritchard was the only member of Team USA to be named to the All-Star team.

— The 2017 TrackTown Summer Series concluded on July 6 in New York, New York. The four teams in the event competed in San Francisco, California; Portland, Oregon; and then the concluding event in New York. Here’s a look at how several former Ducks that are now professional athletes performed.

— The Pac-12 announced the pairings for the 2017-18 men’s basketball season. The Ducks will open conference play matchup against Colorado and Utah.

— Acrobatics and tumbling has a new head coach, as the school announced the hiring of former Duck Keenyn Won. The Oregon program has advanced to the national championship each of the past three seasons.

Follow Zak Laster on Twitter: @zlast3445

Zak Laster

Zak Laster

Zak Laster is a sports writer for the Daily Emerald. He covers volleyball, women's basketball, golf and baseball. He can be reached at [email protected]