Quick HitsSports

Quick Hits: Baseball losing cash, softball preps for Super Regionals

— Oregon baseball is not only losing on the field, but the Ducks are losing in their bank account. Ticket sales are down while program expenses have increased.

— However, pitcher David Peterson is one of the best players in the nation this season. He passed up playing professionally to become a Duck, and now he could become a first round draft pick in the upcoming MLB draft.

— Oregon softball is preparing for its upcoming Super Regional series against Kentucky. The Ducks are hoping to advance to the team’s first World Series since 2015.

— Freshman Shannon Rhodes has been a driving force behind Oregon’s success. She is in the midst of a 15-game hitting streak.

— Former Oregon quarterback Terry Wilson Jr. is transferring to Kansas’ Garden City Community College. Wilson will be eligible to play for a Division I program after one year.

— Oregon women’s golf ended its season when the team finished 24th in the NCAA Championship regional play.

Follow Jack Butler on Twitter @Butler917

Jack Butler

Jack Butler

I am the sports editor for the Daily Emerald. I cover football and basketball. Email me at [email protected]