Quick HitsSports

Quick Hits: Softball sweeps past No. 2 FSU, Devon Allen returns to Hayward Field

— Hayward Field hosted the Oregon Twilight on Friday. Many Ducks got one final tuneup before the Pac-12 Championships. Cullen Prena, Cody Danielson and Cole Walsh each won their respective events.

— Among the former Ducks to compete at Oregon Twilight, Devon Allen competed in the 110-meter hurdles, finishing in second place in his first race since tearing his ACL during the 2016-17 football season.

— The Pac-12 Track and Field Championships kicked off this past weekend with the combined events competition. Ducks Mitch Modin and Joe Delgado finished first and second respectively.

— The No. 5 Ducks softball team welcomed in No. 2 Florida State and swept the three game series over the Seminoles, winning both ends of a Saturday doubleheader before a 2-1 win on senior night on Sunday.

— After splitting a Saturday doubleheader, baseball lost in a crushing manner on Sunday to drop the rubber match of its series at Washington State.

— As of Monday night, the Oregon women’s golf team sits in second place in the NCAA Regional after shooting a 6-over 294. Senior Cathleen Santoso is in second place individually after shooting a 3 under 69.

Follow Cole Kundich on Twitter @ckundich 

Cole Kundich

Cole Kundich