Acrobatics & TumblingSports

Oregon acrobatics and tumbling beats Fairmont State to remain perfect

Oregon acrobatics and tumbling kept its unbeaten run after beating Fairmont State 288.425-272.270 at Matthew Knight Arena on Friday night.

The Ducks won every event barring the acro event. The Ducks took a 96.35-95.05 lead into halftime following the pyramid event.

Oregon won the toss event .55 shy of a perfect 30. The Ducks did not have a single perfect 10 with the closest to the perfect score being the open pass in the toss event with a 9.90 score.

The Ducks possessed a 183.825-175.40 lead going into the final event.

In the team event, Oregon scored 104.60 while visiting Fairmont State scored 96.87, giving the Ducks the 288.425-272.270 win.

Oregon faces King University in Bristol, Tennessee, on Mar. 29. Then they travel to face rival Baylor in Waco, Texas, before returning home for the season-ending matchup against Azusa Pacific on April 8.

Follow Shawn Medow on Twitter @ShawnMedow

Shawn Medow

Shawn Medow

Shawn is an associate sports editor and reporter for the Emerald covering football, men's basketball, women's basketball, acrobatics and tumbling, track and field/cross-country and softball. He also hosts several podcasts, including a soccer podcast, on the Emerald Podcast Network. You can contact him at [email protected] or on Twitter @ShawnMedow.