Klamath Hall evacuated
Students and faculty were evacuated from Klamath Hall Tuesday afternoon after a reported chemical smell according to campus operations.
Campus operations did not identify the smell was, but confirmed that it was not a gas leak.
“The non-hazardous odor was identified as a material contractors were using in a water pipe project in the building,” UO Alerts said. “People were allowed to re-enter the building about 12:15 p.m.”
An email alert informed subscribers that a suspicious odor was the cause and that Eugene Fire Department responded to the incident.
Do you appreciate independent student journalism? Emerald Media Group is a non-profit organization. Please consider a donation to support our mission.