CrimeNews

UO student reports she was sexually assaulted at Sigma Phi Epsilon on May 5

A female student was sexually assaulted late May 5 at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house on Alder Street, according to a University of Oregon campus crime alert.

The student said she did not know the man who assaulted her, but told police he had “spiked up” hair and wore a button-up shirt.

“The university is working with the student who reported the sexual assault,” said Tobin Klinger, senior director of public affairs for the university.

Sexual assault investigations at the university level are conducted with the cooperation of the victim, and the university has services in place to support the victim.

No further information about the assault was given. The University of Oregon Police Department asked anyone with information regarding the incident to call UOPD’s dispatch line at 541-346-2919.

Kira Hoffelmeyer contributed to the reporting of this story.

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira Hoffelmeyer

Kira is the engagement editor for The Emerald and will be interning with Eugene's NPR affiliate KLCC during summer 2016. She has produced and worked for KSL NewsRadio, the Emerald, KVAL and the Springfield Times. She tweets for @DailyEmerald, @ODEsports, @UOCraftCenter and @kirahoffy.