NewsPolitics

Update: Campaign staffer confirms Donald Trump visit to Eugene Friday night,

Lauren Garetto and Taylor Perse also contributed to this report.

Update:

The Register-Guard reported on Wednesday that the rally will take place at the Lane Events Center.

Original:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump will be in Eugene at 7 p.m. Friday, said Chris Gergen, Oregon political director for the Trump campaign.

While the location of Trump’s appearance is not yet clear, multiple reports indicate that the presidential candidate could appear at Lane Events Center.

This trip coincides with Trump’s plan to be in Vancouver, Washington, on Saturday.

Trump won the Indiana Republican presidential primary election tonight, and his closest competitor, Sen. Ted Cruz, announced that he was suspending his campaign. Following Cruz’s announcement, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus tweeted that Trump is now the party’s presumptive nominee.

This will be Trump’s first visit to Oregon. While reports this afternoon claimed that he was likely coming to Eugene on Friday, it was uncertain whether Trump would follow through. Trump had previously confirmed a visit to Oregon after the Wisconsin primaries, but he later decided against it.

Wes Franco

Wes Franco