AcademicsAdministrationNews

Univerisity of Florida professor Juan-Carlos Molleda named as the next SOJC dean

The University of Oregon announced Juan-Carlos Molleda as the next School of Journalism and Communication Dean today, according to Around the O.

Molleda, who is the current University of Florida professor and chair of the department of Public Relations, will take office July 1. His research focuses on global corporate public relations management, and public relations practices and professionalization in Latin America.

“With impeccable academic credentials, Molleda’s commitment to experiential learning, desire to expand doctoral programs and experience with strategic planning made him an incredible fit for SOJC and the University of Oregon,”Provost and Senior Vice President Scott Coltrane wrote in a memo to the university community.

At UF, Molleda designed and implemented an online master’s program in global strategic communication. He also has been involving in creating an online undergraduate major in public relations, which estimated launch fall 2016. He is additionally responsible for helping create an online master’s in public relations and communication management.
Last year he became the director of the new dual-language online graduate program, according to his resume.

In the memo, Coltrane also expressed appreciation to Julianne Newton, the current interim dean of the SOJC.

“I want to thank Julianne Newton for her service as interim dean of the School of Journalism and Communication,” Coltrane wrote. “Her leadership of the school has been an incredible contribution since November 2013.”

Follow Tran Nguyen on Twitter.

Tran Nguyen

Tran Nguyen

Crime and Court senior reporter, specializing in sorting through non-interactive spreadsheet. Formerly reporting on ASUO, Housing and Construction.

Send tips to [email protected] Follow me on Twitter @tranngngn. K thanks bye.