Arts & CultureEventsFood

Local Foods Fair expected to feature ‘Eugene vibe’ this Saturday

This Saturday, nine local food vendors from the Eugene area will provide samples to the public from 1-4 p.m. outside Sundance Natural Foods, a local grocery store in south Eugene.

The Local Foods Fair is hosted by Toby’s Family Foods, Sundance Natural Foods and Genesis Organic Juice. The event will feature foods from Sweet Creek Foods, Café Mam, Hummingbird Wholesale, Springfield Creamery, Coconut Bliss and the three host food companies all affiliated with the Willamette Valley Sustainable Foods Alliance, a group of natural food vendors around the region. Community members will have the opportunity to talk with vendors, learn companies’ backgrounds and try samples — including tofu spread, juices, ice cream, coffee and yogurt.

Whitney Hoshaw, marketing coordinator for Toby’s Family Foods said that the fair will have a very “Eugene vibe,” which she described as a low-key and friendly atmosphere.

It’s also a good place to get free food, she said.

This is the first time this fair is happening, but Hayley Konen, marketing and events specialist for Toby’s Family Foods, said that she hopes it will continue and grow in the future.

“We’re kind of hoping this thing will grow into something bigger than it already is,” Konen said, adding that she hopes it evolves into a local foods expo.

Anna Lieberman

Anna Lieberman

Anna is currently a news reporter for the Emerald.