SportsWomen's Tennis

Ducks look to end season on a high note in Pac-12 Championships

As Pac-12 competition begins on Wednesday, Oregon looks to add a high note to a down season.

Now that the women’s tennis regular season has concluded, the Ducks will compete in the Pac-12 Championships in Ojai, California from April 20-24.

The Pac-12 is booming with stiff competition, including No. 1 University of California and No. 17 Stanford. Cal boasts the No. 10 and No. 12 singles players in the nation in Maegan Manasse and Klara Fabikova, as well as the No. 3 doubles combination of Manasse and Denise Starr. Other top-ranked Pac-12 schools are USC at No. 21, Arizona State at No. 22 and UCLA at No. 23.

All eyes will be on the Cal, which ended the regular season with a 19-1 record. The Cardinal is the team that demolished Cal’s perfect record in its last match of the regular season, defeating the Bears 4-3.

The Ducks are 3-8 in Pac-12 play, which includes 7-0 losses to Cal, USC and Stanford.

Potential Oregon standouts for singles competition include freshmen Shweta Sangwan, who is 21-10 overall in singles play, Marlou Kluiving, who is 17-12, and Alyssa Tobita, who holds a season singles record of 19-8.

Follow Kylee O’Connor on Twitter @KyleeTheMightee

Kylee O'Connor

Kylee O'Connor

Kylee enjoys running and eating, in no particular order.
She can be reached via email at [email protected]