SportsWomen's Tennis

Oregon loses to Loyola Marymount for ninth-straight loss

The Oregon women’s tennis team ended its regular season in Los Angeles, California against the Loyola Marymount Lions on Sunday. The Ducks lost 5-2, extending their losing streak to nine.

To begin doubles play, LMU’s Anna Romeka and Tatijana Sheikhan defeated Marlou Kluiving and Shweta Sangwan, 6-2 at No. 2. LMU clinched the doubles point with a 6-2 victory over Oregon’s Nia Rose and Alyssa Tobita at No. 1.

Oregon was forced to forfeit the match at No. 3 for doubles, as well as at No. 6 for singles due to injuries.

The Lions gained their fourth point of the day when Sheikhan defeated Oregon’s Paloma Gomez, 6-1, 6-3 at No. 5 in singles play.

Oregon got its first points on the board when Tobita defeated Andrea Crespo, 6-1, 7-6 (7-5) at No. 2.

On court No. 1, LMU’s Jessica Perez defeated Rose, 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 to extend the Lions lead to 4-1 and clinch the match.

Kluiving then defeated Romeka, 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 at No. 4 and Elvira Juravliova defeated Sangwan, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 at No. 3 to end the day.

The Ducks (11-11, 3-7 Pac-12) now look ahead to the Pac-12 Championship which beings on Wednesday in Ojai, California.

Follow Kylee O’Connor on Twitter @KyleeTheMightee

Kylee O'Connor

Kylee O'Connor

Kylee enjoys running and eating, in no particular order.
She can be reached via email at [email protected]