Acrobatics & TumblingSports

Oregon acrobatics and tumbling defeats Quinnipiac in home meet

Oregon’s acrobatics and is continuing to improve upon what has already been an impressive start to its season.

The Ducks won their second consecutive meet with a 283.935-274.90 performance against Quinnipiac University at Matthew Knight Arena Saturday evening and the No. 2 Ducks are now 4-1 on the season.

It was a new season-high total score for the Ducks, and the win marked the second consecutive meet in which the Ducks have set a new season-high.

Following Oregon’s March 7 match, Oregon head coach Chelsea Shaw said the Ducks had placed heavy emphasis on the team portion of the their meets, and it paid dividends for the on Saturday as Oregon set a season-high in the team event with a score of 101.46.

The Ducks also set a season-best mark in the tumbling event. The only event that the Ducks didn’t win handily was the Pyramid event, where the Bobcats topped them 29.30-29.05.

Oregon has recovered nicely from their early season loss to No. 1 Baylor, and they will have the chance to test themselves on the road in their next two meets. The Ducks will travel to Erie, Pennsylvania on March 19 where the will face Gannon & King, and

Will then face Fairmont University in Fairmont, West Virginia on March 22.

Jarrid Denney

Jarrid Denney

Jarrid Denney is an associate sports editor and senior reporter at the Daily Emerald. He primarily covers the Oregon football and baseball beats. Follow along for Twitter updates @jarrid_denney.