GolfSports

Aaron Wise wins Amer Ari Invitational, Ducks finish tied for third

Behind Aaron Wise’s first-place finish, the Ducks started their spring season tied for third at the Amer Ari Invitational in Waikoloa, Hawaii.

Wise shot a career low eight-under 64 on the third and final round Saturday and finished the tournament 16-under overall. The win was the fourth of Wise’s college career and the second this season. This win also marks the second win for Wise in Hawaii after winning the Ka’anapali Classic in November 2014.

As a team, the Ducks shot 22-under, finishing in a third-place tie with Arizona State, trailing only UCLA (-27) and tournament winner USC (-29).

In addition to Wise, Zach Foushee finished a combined five-under to finish in a tie for 13th. Brandon McIver finished three-over, while Sulman Raza and Sam Foust, playing in place of Thomas Lim, finished five-over respectively.

After finishing the fall season with two disappointing finishes, the Oregon got back on track in its spring-opener. The Ducks have three weeks to prepare for Southwestern Jones Invitational on Feb. 29 in Westlake, Village California.

Follow Will Denner on Twitter @Will_Denner

Will Denner

Will Denner

Will Denner is a senior journalism major at the University of Oregon. He covers football and men's golf for the Emerald. Email Will at [email protected] with tips, questions and comments.