Men's BasketballSports

Dillon Brooks grabs first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honors

For the first time in his career, Oregon’s Dillon Brooks tabbed Pac-12 Player of the Week honors. Brooks, who recently helped No. 16 Oregon sweep the Arizona schools for just the third time in school history, received the nod from media members who cover the league.

In the past two games, Brooks has averaged 21.0 points on 50 percent shooting (15-of-30) as the Ducks became the first school in four years to sweep Arizona and Arizona State. Additionally, Brooks played a major role in snapping the Wildcats’ 49-game winning streak at the McKale Center, the longest active in the nation.

Against Arizona, Brooks dropped a game-high 24 points on 10-of-19 shooting en route to a 83-75 win last Thursday. On Sunday, against Arizona State, Brooks followed up with 18 points and six rebounds in a 91-74 blowout win.

Currently, Brooks leads the Oregon with 16.6 points per game, which is good for fifth in the Pac-12.

Next up for the Ducks is another tough test against Utah (17-5, 6-3) on Thursday, Feb. 4 (6 p.m. PT, FS1 and Colorado (17-5, 6-3) on Sunday, Feb. 6 (1 p.m. PT, ESPN2).

Follow Hayden Kim on Twitter @HayDayKim 

Hayden Kim

Hayden Kim