Fraternity & Sorority LifeNews

Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKE) fraternity returns to UO

The University of Oregon will soon welcome back Pi Kappa Alpha, or PIKE, as the newest fraternity on campus.

Professional Expansion consultants Tyler Anderson and Joey Romanczuk will be on campus from Jan. 22 to March 10 to oversee the process.

“Pi Kappa Alpha is dedicated to developing men of integrity, intellect and high moral character and fostering a truly lifelong fraternal experience,” according to a Pi Kappa Alpha press release.

Expansion consultants will meet with campus leaders, faculty, staff and the other Greek organizations during their visit.

PIKE was originally chartered at the UO in 1931 . Today, PIKE has about 225 chapters with over 16,500 undergraduate members all over the nation, making PIKE one of the largest international fraternities.

PIKE will also expand to Oregon State University, the University of Maryland, Creighton University and Christopher Newport University.

UO alum Steve Prefontaine, who competed in the 1972 Olympic and once held the American record in seven different distance track events, was a member of PIKE.

PIKE will become the 22nd fraternity on campus.

Tran Nguyen

Tran Nguyen

Crime and Court senior reporter, specializing in sorting through non-interactive spreadsheet. Formerly reporting on ASUO, Housing and Construction.

Send tips to [email protected] Follow me on Twitter @tranngngn. K thanks bye.