CrimeNews

Two armed robberies in campus area this morning

Between 4:45 a.m. and 5:20 a.m., two armed robberies occurred near the University of Oregon according to a campus crime alert sent out around 9 a.m. today.

In both cases, the suspect was armed with a handgun and demanded cell phones and anything else that the victims had with them.

The suspect was described by both victims as a black male in his 20s, 5’10” tall, medium build, clean shaven, wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt with a black, puffy vest.

The first incident was reported by a man at 4:45 a.m. saying he was robbed at gunpoint near 20th avenue and Patterson Street.

The second incident was reported by a female, UO student who was also robbed at gunpoint at 5:05 a.m. near the Delta Delta Delta sorority on 851 E. 15th Avenue.

Miles Trinidad

Miles Trinidad

Miles Trinidad is an Opinion Columnist for the Emerald focusing on politics, social policy and economics. Prior to joining the Opinion Desk, Trinidad was a reporter and covered student groups and ASUO for the Emerald from 2015-2016 and contributed to Flux Magazine in 2017.

Trinidad has worked in political campaigns, non-profit political advocacy, and a legislative and communication role for a U.S. senator.

Trinidad is currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in political science, economics, and journalism.